|7385 W Hwy 50
Salida, CO 81201
Salida - Buena Vista - Chaffee County - Collegiate Peaks area - Arkansas Valley - San Luis Valley
Historic 237 acre San Luis Valley Colorado ranch property for sale with updated
1600SF house plus the original homestead house, barn, outdoor arena, tack shed,
historical log buildings, and corrals. Set at the base of the Sangre De Cristo
Mountains with 360 degree views, wildlife, and privacy. Excellent Colorado horse
property within an hour of Salida, CO or Alamosa, CO. The ranch has been in the
same family for over 50 years and is one of the few historic ranches of this size for
sale in the San Luis Valley. SEE FULL DESCRIPTION BELOW.
|San Luis Valley Colorado Ranch for Sale
Price: $319,000 with 237 acres or $238,000 with 35 acres.
Area: Moffat, Colorado - Saguache County
Tot Acres: 237
Yr Built: 1875
Taxes Ann: $507 Tax Yr: 2009
Total SQ FT: 1600
Style: 2 Story
Heating/Cooling: Baseboard , Forced Air , Propane
Lot Description: Level, Meadow, Mountain Views, Trees
Exterior Features: Barn , Driveway-Gravel, Fenced Yard, Fence-Full, Fence-Pasture,
Garden Area, Lawn Sprinkler, Stable, Outdoor Arena, Tack Shed, Shop, Storage Shed,
Utilities: Present-Electric, Present-Propane, Sewer-Septic, Well-Domestic
Special Features: County road access, Easy Accessible, , Year Round Access, Horse
Property, Perfect for Animals
Flooring: Carpet, Vinyl, Wood
Garage: 3+ Car Detached , Workshop
Source of Measurment: Public Records
Terms: Cash, New Loan
Directions: From Salida: Hwy 285 south to Hwy 17. South approx. 6 miles to left on CRAA.
Approx. 3.5 miles to property on right. Look for FCLO sign on Right.
Historic 2 story log home has been extensively remodeled and features:
• Approximately 1600 sq. ft. of living space.
• 3 bedrooms, 1 ½ bathrooms
• Country kitchen with pine cabinets, pantry and ceramic tile floors.
• Master bedroom on the main floor is carpeted and has a ½ bath.
• Large bath on the main floor with ceramic tile floors, over sized shower, and laundry
• Living room is carpeted and has tongue and groove aspen paneling and a bay window
to enjoy the view of the mountains.
• Large sunroom built on the south side of the house warms the house in winter.
• Large mudroom/porch on the back of the house.
• Two large bedrooms upstairs with pine floors and lots of storage in the finished attic.
• Propane forced air furnace and a pellet stove.
• Low maintenance vinyl double pane windows, vinyl siding, and metal roof.
• Fenced yard with juniper, elm, blue spruce and lilacs.
237 acres property also features:
• Native grass pasture land.
• Fenced and cross fenced.
• Log corrals, round corral, small log barn, log tack house, and several other log storage
• 30’ x 60’ pole barn with metal siding and roof, two 12’ foot garage doors, and 220 wiring.
• 300’ x 150’ outdoor arena with roping boxes, return alley, and a crow’s nest.
• Large hay / horse shed.
• Also on the property is an historic 2 story log home that needs some TLC.
• 3 domestic wells and two septic systems.
• Full mobile home/RV hookup.
• Taxes are approximately $500.per year.
Property is located just off a county maintained gravel road and 3 ½ miles from paved state
highway halfway between the towns of Alamosa and Salida. Either one have all the amenities
that you would need. Moffat is the closest small town and has a medical clinic, post office, and
an excellent K-12 school. Bus service is available.
Hunting, fishing, and hiking on State and Federal Land including the Sangre de Cristo
Wilderness area and several high mountain lakes is within riding distance. Great Sand Dunes
National Park, San Luis Lakes and several hot springs are nearby and two of Colorado’s
major ski areas are only an hour away. Located near excellent big game hunting and it is not
unusual to see a large herd of elk right out the bay window. The north end of the San Luis
Valley features relatively mild winters and warm sunny summers. If you love wide open spaces
and beautiful views of the 13,000 foot mountain peaks this is the place for you. Neighbors are
just the right distance away. This is rural Colorado at its best.
This property has endless possibilities such as a horse ranch, hunting base, recreation home,
youth camp or a bed and breakfast. The property could also be divided into 40 acre parcels.